First Lutheran Church remains committed to the health and wellbeing of the congregation and the community as a whole. FLC is operating in Phase II of the FLC Decorah COVID-19 Phased Reopening Plan and is working towards moving into Phase III. The church will remain closed for regular in-person worship through Sunday, July 12, but will be open for First Lutheran Church small groups and committees to meet beginning Monday, June 15.
Pastor Melissa and Adrian will be available for in-person conversations in the church building. Pastor Melissa is resuming office hours Tuesday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and can be available other times by appointment. Adrian is available by appointment.
The church office is open usual hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Visitors to the church building should plan to enter through the double glass doors on the south side of the building. In the entryway, there will be a table where we ask you to sign in and sign out (please use your own pen if possible). We encourage all building visitors to wear a mask; a limited supply of masks will be available on the entry table for those who need them. We are looking for donations of masks, disposable or cloth, to supplement our supply. Contact the church office for more information.
Individuals should stay home if they are experiencing fever, cough, or other symptoms. This pertains to group gatherings, appointments with staff members, and foot traffic in the church office.
First Lutheran Church small groups and committees may schedule meetings at the church Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Please follow these guidelines:
- Groups should contact the church office to reserve meeting space and time for a set number of people.
- Meetings will take place either in the office conference room or in the conference room next to the Fireside room (the former food pantry space). Requests for the use of other building spaces must be approved by the FLC staff. FLC will communicate about the use of additional indoor and outdoor gathering spaces as those spaces become necessary and available.
- Meeting attendees should plan to enter the church building through the double glass doors on the south side of the church building and sign in/sign out.
- We ask groups to commit to safe hygiene and social distancing practices:
- Wear a mask upon entering the church building
- Follow physical distancing guidelines (at least 6 feet)
- Frequently wash hands
- Use only approved spaces in the building (conference rooms and restrooms, unless other space use has been agreed upon in advance)
- Groups should refrain from group singing/unison speaking and from serving food or beverages (attendees are still welcome to bring along water bottles, individual cups of coffee, etc.).