The mission of First Lutheran Church, rooted in the Gospel of God’s grace, is to be a community of worship, witness, and spiritual growth in ecumenical service to God and God’s people.
You Are Welcome Here!
- Whatever your country of origin or ancestry, your race or ethnic heritage, and whether you are religious or not, Christian or not, or Lutheran or not, you are welcome here.
- Whether you are male, female, or transgender, young or old, straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual, you are welcome here.
- Whether you are single or partnered, married, widowed or divorced, you are welcome here.
- Whether you are wealthy or poor, own a home or rent, live at home or are homeless, you are welcome here.
- Whatever your political views – whether to the right, to the left or to the center, you are welcome here.
- Whatever your strengths or weaknesses, gifts or challenges, they will be honored, for you are welcome here.
First Lutheran Church is committed to being a loving and welcoming community centered in the Good News of Jesus Christ. In faithfulness to the Christian Gospel, in reflection of our Lutheran emphasis on grace, and in celebration of our shared baptismal journey, we promise to enter into ministry with all who seek God here. We invite you to join us for worship and take up your place with us in ministry for you are welcome at First Lutheran Church.
First Lutheran Church is a Reconciling in Christ congregation as an affirmation of our welcome to GLBTQ individuals and families.