The ELCA’s fourth annual God’s Work Our Hands Sunday takes place Sunday, September 11, 2016! Join us for the following projects throughout the day:
- Assemble School Kits for Lutheran World Relief – FLC Fellowship Hall, 9:30 a.m.: We hope to make 55 kits! We still need 124 spiral notebooks, 70 ballpoint pens, 5 unsharpened #2 pencils, 26 full-length rulers, and 31 pencil sharpeners. All items should be new and in good condition. Place them in the laundry baskets in the back of the sanctuary.
- Package Bulk Foods for the Food Pantry – FLC Fellowship Hall, 9:30 a.m.: Help package bulk food into individual servings for distribution at the Community Food Pantry at First Lutheran Church. We need donations of quart and gallon sized zip storage bags for this project.
- Make & Sign Cards – FLC Fellowship Hall, 9:30 a.m.: Make greeting cards that will used throughout the year for ministry to our 80-year old and up birthdays, our nursing home residents,, our shut-ins, and those who need to receive a smile from FLC. Also, on this September 11, be sure to sign cards that will be sent to our first responders and community organizers, thanking them for their service.
- Tie Quilts for Lutheran World Relief – FLC Fellowship Hall, 9:30 a.m.: These quilts will be sent across the world to people who need warmth and love.
- Winter Wear Collection: Gently used or new coats, hats, and mittens can be brought to FLC from Friday, September 9 – Sunday, September 11. These items will be distributed to children in need of winter wear in our community schools.
- Walk for Water Fundraiser – POSTPONED DUE TO FLOODING
Heine Farm (3307 Bluffton Rd.), 2:00-4:00 p.m.:Take a scenic walk through prairie and forest trails…all while learning firsthand about the challenges and obstacles facing those around the world who daily have to walk for their water. Freewill donations will be accepted at registration as we work toward our $2500 Clean Water Project goal. Wear sturdy shoes (sturdy strollers are welcome!) and bring a (reusable) water bottle and bug spray. Join other FLC members following the walk for fellowship, education, and snacks!