- The FLC Confirmation program prepares youth to publicly affirm their baptisms (affirm their faith) in front of the congregation.
8th & 9th Grade Confirmation
10th Grade Confirmation
Wednesday evenings (through October 18)
Information for 8th & 9th Grade Students and Parents
About Our Curriculum
The Re:Form curriculum from Sparkhouse Publishing functions as an invitation to ask questions and to think critically about the foundations of our faith. Each session begins by raising a question or introducing a problem that students are encouraged to ponder. Sessions begin with a large-group teaching time including videos, discussion, and Bible study. Then students break into small groups for further activity and discussion of the theme.
Parents, teachers, and small group leaders: Feel free to browse our lesson plans to learn more about what we are learning!
- Attend Sunday confirmation sessions Sunday mornings from 9:50 – 10:45 a.m. in the Upper Room, beginning September 17: 2017-2018 CONFIRMATION SCHEDULE
- We understand that weekly attendance is difficult for some families. We ask you to make a good faith effort and to keep us informed about expected absences. Make-up work may be offered.
- BYOB – Bring your own Bible!
- Complete 20 worship notes each year: 2017-2018 WORSHIP NOTE TALLY
- Serve as acolyte when scheduled
- Attend our winter confirmation retreat at EWALU, February 18-19, 2018. Please put these dates on your calendar now, and watch for more information!
- Attend our special session, “Christian Perspectives on Sexuality” on Wednesday evening, March 14 at 6:45 p.m. – PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Attend the Upper Iowa River Conference Confirmation Festival (ConFest) – date TBD